EXPERIENCE AND LEARN THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS ABOUT AVALANCHES!
Our avalanche course is crucial for anyone who skis off-piste. The avalanche course combines theoretical knowledge with practical exercises to give participants a basic understanding of avalanche hazards and the correct way to behave in an avalanche situation.
|Group size||minimum 2 persons|
|Course times||09:00 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 15:00|
|Levels||Level 4 & 5|
|Meeting point||09:00 Klosters Snowgarden*|
|Equipment||skis with touring bindings and skins, snowshoes or splitboard, shovel, avalanche transceiver, avalanche probe, ABS backpack if available.|
|Not included in the price||Equipment material (see above), mountain railway tickets, food, transport by public transport, insurance.|
- Introduction to avalanche science and the 3x3 model: formation, types and characteristics of avalanches. Planning, on-site assessment, single slope.
- Meteorology: understanding of weather conditions and their impact on avalanche danger.
- Route planning: route selection, analysis of slopes, exposure and terrain.
- Risk management: assessing avalanche danger, recognising warning signs and decision-making.
- Use of avalanche transceivers (LVS): Learning how to operate and use an avalanche shovel and probe, carrying out emergency measures.
- Snow profile analysis: examining the snowpack, assessing stability and recognising weak layers.
- Track layout and route selection: Behaviour in the terrain, choosing safe ascent and descent routes.