Our avalanche course is crucial for anyone who is off-piste. The avalanche course combines theoretical knowledge with practical exercises to give participants a basic understanding of avalanche hazards and the correct way to behave.
- Introduction to avalanche science and the 3x3 model: formation, types and characteristics of avalanches. Planning, on-site assessment, single slope.
- Meteorology: understanding of weather conditions and their impact on avalanche danger.
- Route planning: route selection, analysis of slopes, exposure and terrain.
- Risk management: assessing avalanche danger, recognising warning signs and decision making.
- Use of avalanche transceivers (LVS): learning how to operate and use an avalanche shovel and probe, carrying out emergency measures.
- Snow profile analysis: examining the snowpack, assessing stability and recognising weak layers.
- Track layout and route selection: Behaviour in the terrain, choice of safe ascent and descent routes.
*This is only an approximate indication, the course will be adapted to the wishes and possibilities of the participants.